Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Dear hearts,

I was looking at my phone and lately I have been capturing 2 types of pictures: progress inside the new house (from before to after moments, painting, taking off the floor, setting together the furniture...) or pictures of nature (be it sunsets, a sunrise stolen away from a moment off work, a rush to get to the bus-station and looking up I would see the branches of the trees towering up to reach the sky... you name it!). I think of how time passes us by and we feel the world rushing quicker and quicker... to what we do not know. I sometimes wonder how many people still stop to look at a flower or smile to a child?...
I wonder how life would be if we would learn each day to fall in love again and again to the small little things that we do not even pay attention. Some days ago I woke up and barely got out of bed. It was around 6 and I fell in love with the warm water in the shower, as it helped me wake up and open my eyes more to the things surrounding me. I went out to the place where my friend was supposed to pick me to work and I looked at the crossroad, in the intersection, at a lonely tree across the dark-blue sky... then I looked around and I saw all the trees, with their branches reaching toward the sky, like in a prayer. Then I thought... what are they if not the cities lungs, the lungs that give our lungs air, that help us breathe, that help us live. And I was thankful...
“I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, "This is what it is to be happy.” ― Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar
“We know that God is everywhere; but certainly we feel His presence most when His works are on the grandest scale spread before us; and it is in the unclouded night-sky, where His worlds wheel their silent course, that we read clearest His infinitude, His omnipotence, His omnipresence.” ― Charlotte BrontĆ«, Jane Eyre
“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us because unfathomable. We can never have enough of nature.” ― Henry David Thoreau, Walden: Or, Life in the Woods
Have you stopped today and fell in love with a small thing? What was it? I would love to hear your little love story :) And if you havent, then why did you not? did you stop yourself from feeling and thrown yourself into a world of sorrow and repetitive work? are we so close to transforming ourself into little robots? Find the things that make you fall in love and do it again and again :)

Yours truly,
A LadyBug that tries to fall in love daily :)
download
alternative link download

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive